Friday, March 5, 2010

~What is My Day Like????~

I am posting this in response to Kelly's Korner

So, what is a day like for this teacher???

I usually get up around 5 am- I am an early bird to say the least. I like to take my time eating breakfast and getting ready.

I usually leave for work anywhere between 6:30 and 7:00.

I then work in my classroom until the bell rings at 8:20. Normally I am making copies, organizing my centers for the day, straightening up, etc. Sometimes my students come in early and help me out.

Then from 8:20-8:45, we all get ready for our day. From 8:45-9:00, we have silent reading time, which is one of my favorite parts of the day (getting to see all my students enjoy reading. From 9:00-9:30, I teach whole group reading, and from 9:30 until 10:30, we have centers. From 10:30-11:00, we have language. Then, we have science or social studies from 11:00-11:45.

Now is my students' favorite time of day... lunch, gym, and specials. I am blessed to teach at a small school that is able to have both each day. This is my time to grade papers and do any other work that needs to be done. At 1:30, the kids come back and we have math for an hour. Then, from 2:30-3:00, 1/2 of my students go out for special tutoring. The rest of my students complete activities with me.

We normally get ready to go home at 3:00, but we have an extended day due to our snow days, so now from 3:00-3:30, we are completing review for our state testing. At 3:30, we start filling out agendas to go home. My kids leave by 3:50. Then, I organize the room and usually have some type of meeting to go to (most days).

I normally get home around 5:00-6:30. Most of the time, my husband has dinner ready. I usually will eat, then will work on my homework (I am finishing my master's degree). I also like to try to pick up around the house and get lunch/clothes ready for the next day. My hubby and I will watch a little tv and then I will go up to bed at around 8:30-9:30.

So, this is the day in the life of this teacher... Hope you enjoyed hearing about it.

3 comments:

  1. I used to be a teacher and reading your post makes me miss it!! Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there from another teacher! I'm intruiged - what are the 'centers'? They sound like fun!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day is very similar to mine except your student come much later. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing what people think!