Tuesday, November 10, 2009

~ My Grandma's Cornbread Dressing~

I just have to share this recipe for my grandma's dressing (it is called dressing because it is cooked separate from the turkey.  I make mine just like hers, except that I omit the celery.  You can also saute the onions if you wish, but I like the flavor of the onions cooking in the dressing mixture.  Another secret is to finely crumble the cornbread.  It takes a while, but results in a more smooth, flavorful dressing.  

My Grandma's Cornbread Dressing

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all the ingredients except stock.
  3. Pour hot stock over everything and mix well.
  4. Pour into a large casserole or roasting pan.
  5. I use a 12 x 14 x 6 pan.
  6. Bake for at least one hour, depending on the size pan you use, you may have to bake an additional half hour (until the middle isn't soupy).
Check out the other recipes at Tasty Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. This sounds just like the way my mom makes it! Thanks for the recipe!
    God bless,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl! I'm just checking in with you because my email has been acting up beyond belief. I've emailed you a couple of times, but I haven't heard anything back - have you been emailing me?

    Gmail and I are about to go at it. If you have emailed, or if you're going to soon, please send it to thisthatandmyblog@gmail.com - I seem to be receiving those.

    Sorry for any troubles that I've caused!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing what people think!