Well, I have read this for about six months now, and I finally decided to participate :) If you haven't already... you need to go to We Are That Family!
One of my favorite things in the summer is to make a few dips, and have that, chips, and bbq chicken & veggies. Decided to share two of my favorite dips today (couldn't pick just one). They are even better if you make them a day, or even a couple hours ahead. But, if you are like me, they are good after they chill in the refrigerator. Hope you enjoy!
Bean Dip Like the One You Can Buy at the Store that NEVER Goes On Sale :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (I have used whole canned pinto beans and pureed them myself- as long as they are unseasoned
- 5 slices bottled jalapenos (nacho slices)
- 1 tablespoon brine, from bottled jalapeno slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine refried beans with the other ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree ingredients on high speed until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
Easy Peasy Ole Dip
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Beat till smooth and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours, till flavors are blended.
- Serve with assorted raw veggies or tortilla chips.