Monday, June 29, 2009

So Many Treasures!

I have loved following around all of the posts on Southern Hospitality.  You have to check it out!  

Well, I have been on a treasure finding mission lately.  One of the joys of summertime! 
I have found ton of good deals, but here are a few that I found at Goodwill while on vacation :) Will share more throughout the week! 

I am apologizing now for the junky photos :)  My cameral is old, and I waited until tonight to take pictures. 

This is a candle holder- was marked 2.25, and had a price tag for $15 on the bottom. 


I thought this would be cute with something else... don't know what yet.  Was marked $1.25 and had a Target 5.99 price tag on the bottom.  

This candle holder was marked .75 :)  Think it needs some paint of some kind.

Also wanted to share 2 projects I did recently: 

The cup was .99 at Goodwill, the bird was .25 on 1/2 off day (spray painted it creme), and I made the "nest" out of a long boa type cloth I found at the Goodwill clearance center.  They sell things by the pound- if you have never been you have to find one and go!  Tons of treasures to be had!


I bought this for .99 also (bet you can guess where!) It was sad looking, but love it with the spray paint.  Not sure where I am going to put it, or what I will put in it.  


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your bird in a cup project! I never knew there was a GW clearance center!? I have got to find me one of those!!

    p.s. Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I like the little red and white tin as is but I guess it depends what the décor is in your home. You could use it was a pen holder placed next to your home phone, you could probably fit a little note pad in with the pens too. Do you drink tea? If so you could also house your packaged tea bags inside. Hummm what else…..oh what about a little sugar caddy on your kitchen counter. That is if you use Splenda or something of this kind that is individually packaged. We have one and it makes it easy to grab a few packets of Splenda to have with our ice tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, thanks for joining the party! You found some great things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little bird! I am ADDICTED to the goodwill clearance center near me. I have gone there for 3 years. I even went every day for a week when I was overdue with my baby. I thought I was bruising from the inside-from all the kicks of the baby-then realized it was where the bins were hitting me at the clearance goodwill that was bruising me:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I love hearing what people think!