Now, I know what you are thinking- roasted what????
Yes, green beans. They are delicious- in fact, I could probably eat them every day and not tire of them. Even people who think they don't like green beans end up trying these and loving them. Give them a shot.
Roasted Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry well, and trim green beans.
- Put green beans on a jelly roll pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I have even used garlic salt with good results, or Mrs. Dash).
- Use your hands to be sure all the beans are evenly coated and spread them out into 1 layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until beans are fairly brown in spots and somewhat shriveled. They will look burned, but they are not. That is just the deliciousness coming out :)
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
So, check out Jen's blog "Balancing Beauty and Bedlam" and find some tasty recipes!